Jennifer joins me, Naketa R. Thigpen today to share how she realized that there is more to etiquette than table rules and manners. She dives into her passion for serving others and debunks the common myths regarding when people hear the word ‘etiquette.’ Jennifer also shares the elements in life covered by etiquette, and the part that mindfulness plays in learning not only about etiquette but also about life, in general.
With the passion for serving others, Jennifer Tyler-Washington is the Chief Etiquette Officer of I Am Polished, LLC, where she and her team help their clients learn about the different kinds of etiquette. Some of their services include business etiquette, social etiquette, professional development, and customer care workshops. With more than a decade of serving others through their catering business, Jennifer continues to be of service by equipping people with the skills they need to show up as their best selves so they can reach the next level.
“Etiquette covers life – the whole spectrum. It’s the way we treat each other.” – Jennifer Tyler-Washington
This Week on the Balance Boldly for Ambitious Women In Business Podcast:
- Jennifer’s entrepreneurial journey and how she got started with helping people with their own etiquette.
- How her catering business Touch by You Catering started.
- Why going back in the corporate world didn’t work out for her after the pivot that happened in her life.
- How to show up the right way when meeting with clients and partners.
- Why you should always be mindful of how you treat others.
- The common but incorrect notion people have about etiquette.
- Why Jennifer conducts her etiquette workshops the way she does.
- The source of burnout among entrepreneurs and global leaders.
- Why you need to make sure you’re growing all the time.
- The significance of engaging with others.
A Little Permission to Pause:
- Schedule your time off to reflect where you are, where you want to be, and where you came from. Appreciate your life as well as how God is using you.
Connect with Jennifer Tyler-Washington:
Subscribe, Share & Balance Boldly
On the Balance Boldly Podcast, host Naketa R. Thigpen talks with ambitious women in business (and a few brave men) from a wide array of industries about their pursuit of success, how they face business burnout and what work/life balance looks like for them. Not your conventional self-help podcast, Balance Boldly uncovers real solutions to real problems afflicting real people at home and in the workplace, daily.
If you enjoyed this episode, head over to Apple Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, or Google Play to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review.
Now Go. Create Your Balance. Create Your Joy. But remember, do it, BOLDLY!
Thank you for listening!