In this episode, Kyana shares how she had her breakthrough while dealing with her own identity issues. She shares her identity journey, the challenges she faced and how she dealt with them as well as the significance of knowing what you want to give, what you’re open to receiving, and what you refuse to receive. She also shares why it’s crucial to break expectations and how honesty helps her continue to heal and have better relationships.
If you heard last week’s interview, you understand why we absolutely had to follow-up with Part-2, today!
If you are new to the show or missed last week, let me reintroduce you!
A registered nurse, Kyana Brathwaite founded KB Caring Advocacy & Liaison Services (or KB CALS) to help people, families, and businesses find the best wellness plan that suits their various medical needs. Kyana’s clients go through an interactive and participatory process as she connects with health systems and the medical community, including insurance providers, to coordinate assistance and support for her clients. When she’s not busy helping others, she spends her time taking care of her husband and two gorgeous children.
“Because I’m starting to get to know me — because there’s a process, I can now open up and give other people grace and share that love.” -Kyana Brathwaite
This Week on the Balance Boldly for Ambitious Women In Business Podcast:
- How Kyana used to define success
- The effect of growing up in a single-parent household
- The negative statements she made herself believe growing up that contributed to the notion of her identity
- Why she felt the need to cling to her relationships for her identity
- The difference between listening and taking heed
- How you can share your gifts
- How knowing herself affected her relationships and connections
- What she does when people get uncomfortable with her honesty
A Little Permission to Pause:
- Give yourself permission to not plan and go with the flow.
Connect with Kyana Brathwaite:
- KyanaBrathwaite on LinkedIn
- KyanaBrathwaite on Twitter
- KyanaBrathwaite on Facebook
- KyanaBrathwaite on Instagram
- KB CaringAdvocacy & Liaison Services on Facebook
- Phone Number: 267 625 2422
- Email: KyanaB@KBCals.com
On the Balance Boldly Podcast, host Naketa R.Thigpen talks with ambitious women in business (and a few brave men) from a wide array of industries about their pursuit of success, how they face business burnout and what work/life balance looks like for them. Not your conventional self-help podcast, Balance Boldly uncovers real solutions to real problems afflicting real people at home and in the workplace, daily.
If you like what you hear on the BalanceBoldly for Ambitious Women Podcast, Please subscribe, rate and share to help us ensure the ambitiously bold and brave have access to valuable life, love, and business balance tools.
Create Your Balance. Create Your Joy.
Thank you for listening!