Nicole Brown joins me today to share how one person inspired her to go further and eventually impacted the trajectory of her life. She also shares the significance and power of showing up – not only in her education as she dealt with doubtful stares head on – but also in her career and, ultimately, in the community she serves.
Nicole is an environmental engineer with a business development role at AECOM, the number one global design company that builds, designs, and manages projects that improve people’s lives. With 20 years of experience as an engineer, she is passionate about empowering women of color in STEM fields and educating others about the facts, safety, and importance of having reliable drinking water available around the world through writing, public speaking, and her community participation efforts.
“The process of me breaking through is because I had the determination.” – Nicole Brown
This Week on Balance Boldly for Entrepreneurial Woman in Business:
- What made Nicole decide to pursue engineering
- How she dealt with distractors and nuances
- What made her a better engineer as she puts the end user in mind
- What she did to show genuine concern to the community
- How to maintain relationships despite being a busy leader in your industry
- Her mindset on love and dating as a single mom
- How she and her partner work on their relationships as a blended family
- Why acupuncture is her quick fix
- Help and inspire in ways you can. The support you give to others can go a long way.
- When a relationship matters to you, you make it work.
A Little Gentle Honesty:
- Shift your perspective. To shift it, give people the facts, not your fears.
Connect with Nicole Brown:
Subscribe, Share & Balance Boldly
Thanks for tuning into the Balance Boldly podcast – the show where we get bold about your balance and shake the shame that stunts your growth. If you enjoyed this episode, head over to iTunes, Spreaker, or Google Play to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review.
Join the Community!
Join the Dreamers Blueprint Community – the community designed for bold women and brave men that are ready to balance all that matters – boldly!