Trudy joins me, Naketa R. Thigpen today to share how she rebounds and reclaims the conversation as she finds her balance professionally as a social worker and personally as a mother of three. She explains why walking away from negative conversations and situations does not imply weakness or incapacity to deal with stressful situations. Trudy also shares how to have less drama in your life and why it is crucial to nurture your spiritual self.
Trudy Tchume-Johnson is the Hematology Social Work Manager and newborn screening coordinator at the Division of Hematology of Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). Her over two decades of experience working with the chronically ill and 17 years of working with Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center of CHOP allowed her to experience and support the sickle community from a local to a global scope. Trudy enhances her spiritual consciousness by spending time with her family and friends as well as celebrating her moments alone, thinking, dancing, and traveling.
“You have to understand why you’re using a word at that moment and how you can rebound and reclaim the conversation in a way that’s fruitful and purposeful and supportive.” – Trudy Tchume-Johnson
This Week on the Balance Boldly for Ambitious Women In Business Podcast:
- One of the primary reasons why it’s important to have self-care practices
- What she does to balance expectations and reality in her family
- Why allowing people to ‘just be’ and not fix them is the most challenging thing for her to do
- The group of people to surround yourself with when dealing with challenging circumstances
- The hardest relationships to honor
- How she became the mom that she is now
- How she learned to actively understand the teachings and spiritual parables she learned
A Little Permission to Pause:
- Reflect daily on quotes and when wisdom shows up.
Connect with Trudy Tchume-Johnson:
Subscribe, Share & Balance Boldly
On the Balance Boldly Podcast, host Naketa R. Thigpen talks with ambitious women in business (and a few brave men) from a wide array of industries about their pursuit of success, how they face business burnout and what work/life balance looks like for them. Not your conventional self-help podcast, Balance Boldly uncovers real solutions to real problems afflicting real people at home and in the workplace, daily.
If you enjoyed this episode, head over to Apple Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, or Google Play to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review.
Now Go. Create Your Balance. Create Your Joy. But remember, do it, BOLDLY!
Thank you for listening!