Sameer Somal is an educator who’s passionate about learning and helping others make the most informed decisions. He is an entrepreneur and the Chief Financial Officer of Blue Ocean Global Wealth and Blue Ocean Global Technology. He sits on several boards, is an advocate for Women’s Initiative (WIN), and was recently named as an Iconic Leader Creating a Better World for All by the All Ladies League and Women Economic Forum.
Sameer joins me today to talk about how to be a person of constant value to friends and business partners by learning how to be a genuine leader of learning. He shares his insights about leadership, risk-taking, and making the most of your life by being selective about your time. He also shares how he connects with others as he establishes relationships and the significance of giving and giving back to the community.
“You have to be a leader of yourself before you could lead other people.” – Sameer Somal
This Week on Balance Boldly:
- The most powerful kind of leadership
- Characteristics of a successful mentor
- How he recognized the potential of success in sharing the energy, resources, and struggles with someone else
- His process for learning and self-study
- Why he reminds himself that time is our most precious asset
- Who to surround yourself with if you strive to succeed in life
- How he spends his unapologetic “Me Time”
- Why he made it his 2018 goal to be more selective with his time
- What he does to stay healthy mentally and physically
- His guiding principles in business and life
- The biggest risk is the one we don’t take.
- Sometimes we don’t realize what we can accomplish by investing in ourselves.
- If you study successful people in politics and business, it’s all about long-term relationships.
- It’s important to have the courage to speak up and speak your mind while being respectful.
- Relationships are about giving.
A Little Gentle Honesty:
- Our fears are more dangerous than our dangers.
- Steve Jobs, The Exclusive Biography Book by Walter Isaacson
Connect with Sameer Somal:
Subscribe, Share & Balance Boldly
Thanks for tuning into the Balance Boldly podcast – the show where we get bold about your balance and shake the shame that stunts your growth. If you enjoyed this episode, head over to iTunes, Spreaker, or Google Play to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review.
Join the Community!
Join the Dreamers Blueprint Community – the community designed for bold women and brave men that are ready to balance all that matters – boldly!