It’s Selfish September, that means over the course of our next few episodes, it’s all about us! We will redefine what it means to be selfish! For me it means that I need to take care of myself so I can take care of others, and I mean that personally and professionally.
Does anyone else have a million things to do everyday and find that the things that used to work for you like, your old unapologetic pause is just not helping you pause anymore? And your physical, emotional and or mental health are not quote 100%? What about that activity that helped you take a breather but is now taking every breath you have, and leading you down the road to health issues instead of a healthy body? In this podcast, we get serious about Me-Time and shake the shame of being Selfish! What does being selfish look like for you?
Join me for a kitchen conversation, just you and me. We’ll discuss the crazy turn of events, (something got leaked!) Yikes! And how it changed to course of my own “shoulda, coulda, wouldas!”
Key Points Mentioned
- Walk your talk!
- You are not the only one that has a million things to do, but being burnt out and overextending yourself should not be your NEW normal.
- Be selfish in order to make room for everything else that you are responsible for.
- Screw the normal, do you and do you differently. Do you boldly, and unapologetically.
- Acupuncture and cupping could be a gamechanger for you, just like it is for me.
- If you are having some challenges with your emotional, financial, physical wellbeing, use this time to take care of yourself.
- Others cannot take better care of you, the way you take care of you.
- You matter the most!
- Stop apologizing and start living.
- Try taking your breaks in 90 minute windows everyday, if you can’t do that, try working yourself up to it, by splitting up your time throughout the day.
- Shake the shame of saying no to “true conflicts”, which are really just wanting to be selfish with your time, energy and space.
- Stop overexplaining and apologizing about being selfish to people who are not in your immediate circle, like family you are close with and really close friends.
The moment Naketa had to break expectations was her new book, Selfish got leaked! And forced to take up the mantra, “Everything happens for a Reason!” She is now tweaking and will soon publish, the book, Selfish! (For real this time!)
Naketa’s NEW Unapologetic Pause includes cupping therapy to go along with her acupuncture medicinal routine!
A little Gentle Honesty…
Make some time for YOU! And stop apologizing and #JustDoIt. Take time for you to be you, do you, refocus, recalibrate, reconnect with yourself so you can recalibrate and take care of all the amazing incredible things that you are going to be opening yourself up to!
To contact me and learn more about the Selfish Movement
You can also connect with Naketa on any of the following social media channels:
Engage on Twitter https://twitter.com/balanceboldly
Follow on instagram instagram.com/balanceboldly
Engage on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/balanceboldly
If you like what you hear on the Balance Boldly Podcast, Please subscribe, rate and share to help us ensure the bold and brave have access to valuable balance tools.
Episode Sponsors & Resources Mentioned:
Balance Boldly is a weekly podcast hosted by International Balance & Relationship Advisor, Naketa Thigpen with pop ups from her Creative Writing, direct to the point husband Dean. Naketa provides a time, space and opportunity for Bold Women and a few Brave men to receive the decoded truth through raw, unfiltered stories of how guilt, lack of vulnerability and shame can stunt every aspect of your personal and business growth.
This podcast is filled with direct narratives and unscripted conversations with global industry experts who candidly share their business experience and tools for success through a personalized peak into their lives with stories you won’t find on Google.
First, give yourself Permission to Pause, unapologetically.
Then come and learn how to maximize your potential and your profits over at the Dreamers Blueprint, a community designed for bold women and brave men who are ready to balance all that matters, boldly or Follow Naketa on Twitter, @BalanceBoldly
Thank you for listening!