Kristie Bergey is an Associate with Very Real Estate who helps people get new leases in a record-breaking time of less than 3 hours. With her background in real estate, she grasps the essence of the investment world. It is no surprise that she is also an entrepreneur who creates new businesses. Today, she travels the world and embraces the cultural differences in Philadelphia while owning three homes.
Kristie joins me today to share what led her to change the narrative of her life and how her change in mindset resulted in the success she’s currently enjoying today. She shares what inspired her to begin investing in herself, how she failed in her attempt to have a thriving business while clinging to a false sense of security as well as the things she would have done differently about these “crutches.” She also shares why she makes it a point to help others avoid the challenges she faced and her reflections and realizations along the way.
“It’s not about the ‘woulda, shoulda, coulda.’” – Kristie Bergey
This Week on the Balance Boldly for Ambitious Women In Business Podcast:
- How Kristie started with self-investment
- Why you need to invest in yourself first
- A hard lesson she learned about success
- What you can do with the “blank slates” professionally and personally
- What is a careerpreneur?
- The significance of accepting pivots that happened in your life
- How her romantic relationship evolved to another level of healthy friendship
- Why she travels every year and engages with her surroundings
- What she realized about self-care during her travels
- Why she wants to focus on caring for her mental health
A Little Permission to Pause:
- Be intimate with yourself – do Pilates.
Connect with Kristie Bergey:
Subscribe, Share & Balance Boldly
On the Balance Boldly Podcast, host Naketa R. Thigpen talks with ambitious women in business (and a few brave men) from a wide array of industries about their pursuit of success, how they face business burnout and what work/life balance looks like for them. Not your conventional self-help podcast, Balance Boldly uncovers real solutions to real problems afflicting real people at home and in the workplace, daily.
If you enjoyed this episode, head over to iTunes, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, or Google Play to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review.
Now Go. Create Your Balance. Create Your Joy. But remember, do it, BOLDLY!
Thank you for listening!