Kem joins me, Naketa R. Thigpen today to discuss how women and minorities should support one another in professional industries. She shares her business journey: her mission, her motivation, and what she does to achieve her objectives. She emphasizes the importance of people from different backgrounds working together, and shares the “stop, listen, and learn” approach to succeeding in a professional environment. She also discusses the challenges of balancing work, family, and business, and underscores the significance of focusing on strengths instead of perceived limitations.
“This is why we form partnerships: because people bring different gifts to the table.” – Kem Odike
Kem Odike encourages women and minority business owners in establishing strategic partnerships through her business, KemKlicks LLC. Utilizing her 20 years of experience as a Digital Marketing Manager for some of the world’s largest web hosting companies and advertising agencies, Kem inspires her clients to think big and see beyond the present. Having lived in several countries, Kem is quite familiar with a wide range of diverse cultures; however, she chooses to reside in the Philadelphia Suburban area, with her husband and 3 lovely children.
This Week on the Balance Boldly for Ambitious Women In Business Podcast:
- The issues surrounding women supporting one another
- How Kem’s business got started
- The flawed notion of women seeing other women as rivals
- Encouraging women and people of different ethnicities to work together
- Taking the good and the bad, and turning them into something beautiful
- What she does to make an impact with KemKlicks
- The “stop, listen, and learn” approach, and how it helps Kem accomplish her mission
- The challenges of juggling family, work, and business
- Why women should not look at their perceived limitations
- The need to focus on one’s strengths, and the benefits of forming partnerships
A Little Permission to Pause:
- I work out occasionally; I love to go the sauna. I have my moment of zen there. I relax, I think, I meditate, and I think of my day and my strategy moving forward.
Connect with Kem Odike:
- KemKlicks Website
- KemKlicks Going Global Event Page
- KemKlicks on Facebook
- KemKlicks on Twitter
- KemKlicks on LinkedIn
- KemKlicks on YouTube
- Email: Kem@kemklicks.com
Subscribe, Share & Balance Boldly
On the Balance Boldly Podcast, host Naketa R. Thigpen talks with ambitious women in business (and a few brave men) from a wide array of industries about their pursuit of success, how they face business burnout and what work/life balance looks like for them. Not your conventional self-help podcast, Balance Boldly uncovers real solutions to real problems afflicting real people at home and in the workplace, daily.
If you enjoyed this episode, head over to iTunes, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, or Google Play to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review.
Now Go. Create Your Balance. Create Your Joy. But remember, do it, BOLDLY!
Thank you for listening!