Originally from the Dominican Republic, Karina Garden is a power partner of Thigpro. She has founded several businesses and co-started W.E. or Women Entrepreneurs, where she dedicates to empower women entrepreneurs as they strive to make their mark in the business world. She does transactional work as a lawyer on weekdays while creating meaningful impact in the business community by using her legal background to do what she’s passionate about – helping, supporting, and promoting minority-owned small businesses.
Today, Karina shares how she balances her analytical side and her creative side, and how she redirects her skills to her passion as a visionary. She also shares the struggles she went through as an immigrant and an overachiever, its serious mental and emotional implications, and how she chooses to face the fear and shame over living a miserable and exhausted life.
“There’s power in admitting you need help.” – Karina Garden
This Week on Balance Boldly:
- The heaviness of being an analytical-creative
- The challenges of being a first-generation immigrant
- Why immigrants are less likely to seek medical health treatment
- Refusing to become a victim of circumstances
- Minimizing the severity of depression and anxiety
- Describing the fear of complacency and how it affects you
- How mental health professionals and practitioners can help
- Explaining what Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is
- A system for combatting the extremes
- Embrace the unique you and stop trying to fit in.
- Pause and identify your triggers.
- Connect with your family and friends.
- Come up with and stick to a healthy regimen.
- Pursue what brings you joy that’s apart from your business and family life.
A Little Gentle Honesty:
- Being an ultra achiever has its pluses and minuses. The fear of complacency and mediocracy can create a void filled with shame when we are at a special place when we don’t recognize that we can be content and not have to be complacent.
- Karina Garden on Instagram
- Karina Garden Website
- The Business of Women Entrepreneurs Website
- Karina Garden on Facebook
- Karina Garden on Twitter
Join the Movement
Want to be part of the Selfish September Movement? Now you can! Create a 30-50 second video or meme sharing how you plan to be Unapologetically Selfish this week. Then, share it on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtags #BalanceBoldly and #PushSelfish!
Subscribe, Share & Balance Boldly
Thanks for tuning into the Balance Boldly podcast – the show where we get bold about your balance and shake the shame that stunts your growth. If you enjoyed this episode, head over to iTunes, Spreaker, or Google Play to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review.
Join our Signature Retreat!
Learn some balance boldly tips and techniques by joining Permission to Pause, our signature retreat that’s happening in Philadelphia this November! Get access to private and interactive conversations by joining our community today. Registration details to Permission to Pause is available to exclusive members of the Dreamers Blueprint Community.
Join the Community!
Join the Dreamers Blueprint Community – the community designed for bold women and brave men that are ready to balance all that matters – boldly!
A Special Shout-Out to Our Sponsors
All About Leverage
All About Leverage integrates LinkedIn and social selling to build powerful networks, open more doors, and maximize client acquisitions through on-site and virtual training programs, concierge social marketing programs, LinkedIn executive profile optimization, speaking engagements, power networking groups, and LinkedIn coaching. All About Leverage is your full-service resource for LinkedIn and social selling. To learn more, visit AllAboutLeverageLLC.com.
Lolly Daskal’s The Leadership Gap Book
Are you ready to shine the light on the obstacles that keep you from achieving your dreams? Then it’s time to grab your copy of Lolly Daskal’s new book: The Leadership Gap: What Gets Between You and Your Greatness for some simple and easy to implement solutions to help you achieve the success you want in your life, career, and business.