Stress plays a major role in everyone’s life. We all experience high levels of stress at various points in our lives, but how we deal with it can be critical to our health. Stress has been proven to lead to – or worsen – a number of health conditions, including high blood pressure, heart disease, depression, and even Alzheimer’s disease. That’s why many doctors warn people to avoid stress-inducing activities.
It’s the concept of avoiding by confronting.
On today’s episode, I’m sharing this concept with you and how you can avoid stress-induced illnesses by identifying and confronting the triggers of your stress. I’ll also share how confronting burden and competition can play a role in your stress levels and what you can do to avoid them.
“We forget how helpful we could be if we could just take care of ourselves.” – Naketa Thigpen
This Week on Balance Boldly:
- Types of stress-inducing activities you should avoid
- Strategies for dealing with stress
- The importance of taking time for gratitude and keeping your perspective
- Avoiding burden by confronting with forgiveness
- The importance of forgiving yourself – as well as others
- Why it’s important to confront awkward conversations to find a place of resolve
- Avoiding competition by confronting why you are afraid of camaraderie
- Focus on the moment
- Keep your perspective and gratitude
- Be forgiving
- Avoid competition; embrace camaraderie
A Little Gentle Honesty:
- You don’t owe anyone anything – including your emotional space
- Confront the fact that you may be burdened by anger and frustration partially because you are not forgiving something or someone
- Sometimes we are in competition mode because we are afraid other people will expose our vulnerable areas
Join the Movement
Want to be part of the Selfish September Movement? Now you can! Create a 30-50 second video or meme sharing how you plan to be Unapologetically Selfish this week. Then, share it on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtags #BalanceBoldly and #PushSelfish!
Subscribe, Share & Balance Boldly
Thanks for tuning into the Balance Boldly podcast – the show where we get bold about your balance and shake the shame that stunts your growth. If you enjoyed this episode, head over to iTunes, Spreaker, or Google Play to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review.
Join the Community!
Join the Dreamers Blueprint community – the community designed for bold women and brave men that are ready to balance all that matters – boldly!
A Special Shout-Out to Our Sponsors
All About Leverage
All About Leverage integrates LinkedIn and social selling to build powerful networks, open more doors, and maximize client acquisitions through on-site and virtual training programs, concierge social marketing programs, LinkedIn executive profile optimization, speaking engagements, power networking groups, and LinkedIn coaching. All About Leverage is your full-service resource for LinkedIn and social selling. To learn more, visit AllAboutLeverageLLC.com
Lolly Daskal’s The Leadership Gap Book
Are you ready to shine the light on the obstacles that keep you from achieving your dreams? Then it’s time to grab your copy of Lolly Daskal’s new book: The Leadership Gap: What Gets Between You and Your Greatness for some simple and easy to implement solutions to help you achieve the success you want in your life, career, and business.